At McMullen's, we recognise that each pub is different and so indeed are our business partners. With that in mind we have developed two different business agreements so that we can decide between us which is the best fit for you and your pub. We believe our agreements offer our business partners real freedom and fairness, so you can grow and succeed in your business. We do not review the rent during the agreed term, so you are free to grow your business without us seeking to change the agreed economic distribution.
Full 5-Year Tenancy agreement
Our agreement has been developed to ensure that fairness and transparency are at the heart of what we offer.
Key features are:
- Our tied range of beers includes our 4 regular award-winning McMullen's ales plus a monthly seasonal ale and a large selection of leading brand beers and ciders
- You are free of tie on wines, spirits and soft drinks, although we offer a comprehensive discounted range to all tenants to help you to remain competitive
- We operate a volume based incentive scheme for draught products
- Regular operation and supplier support/incentives
- Free Annual Bii Membership
- No rent reviews
- 3 month rent deposit
- 6 month notice period
- F+F can be purchased or rented
- We pay for all major repairs, and we list each repair responsibility up front
- Machine AWP profit is split 50/50 with McMullen's
Pub Operators' Agreement
Our Pub Operators Agreement (POA) is an agreement that enables low-cost entry into operating a pub. It also allows an experienced operator to use their entrepreneurial skills to develop and grow their own business partially in return to food with the full help and support of McMullen's as a partner. The pub operator receives all dry sales income and a percentage share of wet to cover dry stock, insurances, staff and profit.
Key features are:
- Your income is earned from: a) a fee based on an amount referenced to an agreed fixed percentage of liquor sales and b) all profit from food sales. So, the more you sell the more you earn.
- The liquor operation is funded entirely by McMullen's, so there’s no need to purchase liquor stock
- You’ll pay a weekly Kitchen Operation Fee to cover the cost of utilities and operational expenses incurred by McMullen to maintain the kitchen.
- Capital is needed for a good faith deposit and to finance the set-up of the food operation
- McMullen pay for rates, repairs and most operating costs, including council tax, and the pub is not subject to any rent
- Items that you pay for include hanging baskets, window cleaning, cleaners and gardening
- You are responsible for employing and paying staff
- You are responsible for due diligence management in the business
- McMullen's provide managed house levels of investment, training and support
More Information: Download the Voluntary Code of Practice - Lease or the Voluntary Code of Practice - Tenanted
You can find details on the Pub Independent Conciliation & Arbitration Service (PICA-Service) here - www.picaservice.com and the Pub Independent Rent Review Scheme (PIRRS) here www.pirrscheme.com
No suitable vacancy below? If you're interested in running your own pub please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information